• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Mark Fidrych killed in accident...

Jarhed

Native Chicagoan
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Mark Fidrych, a Northborough native whose aw-shucks charm and on-the-mound antics helped make him a national phenomenon as a Detroit Tigers rookie pitcher in 1976, was killed in an accident in his hometown this afternoon while working on his pickup truck. He was 54.

Fidrych, who won 19 games as a rookie before injuries derailed his career, was found dead on his 107-acre farm this afternoon, according to the office of Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. Fidrych was found by a family friend underneath his truck at about 2:30 p.m. :(

Ex-big leaguer Mark The Bird Fidrych dead at 54 - USATODAY.com

Last edited:
Just heard that. He was a good pitcher....RIP

107 acre farm. That's a big farm. RIP.

Wow, I can remember when he first came up.
One of the few opposing pitchers I actually watch pitch, he was very entertaining and before he blew out his arm had good stuff.

Sad.

107 acre farm. That's a big farm. RIP.
It's a lot of fence to maintain, I can tell you that. My grandfather had a 100 acre ranch in Texas and in the summer I would stay with him for a week or two and he would utilize my youthful stamina by having me ride the fence on horseback, mark with red ribbon and then go back and fix it. It was amazing how many posts would rot or nails would fall out in one year.......

Always sad to hear of someone passing! RIP

Back