• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Whats the differance between strength training and training for power?

awhites1

wrk'n project mayhem
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've read a few articles lately that talk about doing a workout routine that involves using about 50 to 60% of your max and thrusting the weights at full force. For instance on bench press you might use a smith machine and force the press so hard that you almost throw it up and then catch it. or doing something like squats but jumping. They referred to it as more strength training.
How does that differ from traditional 70 to 80% of your max weight in the 8 to 12 rep range or even 3 to 6reps for power?
How does this also affect your physique? Make muscles bigger or more solid?

Strength or Maximum Effort training = Lifting with a very high intensity, low volume, with a focus on lifting heavier and heavier weights.

Power or Dynamic Effort training = Lifting with a low intensity, low volume, with a focus on explosiveness and speed in a controlled manner.

ok well i kind of had an idea on the differance as far as what is involved with the work out itself. I guess my question is what is the differance in the results I'll achieve doing strength training vs training for power? can I still get bigger doing strength training (explosive reps)? will i get stronger also in the sense of the amount of weight I can do?

You will get bigger if you consistently eat more than you require.

Power and strength training assist each other. They are both welcome in a properly periodized training programme. P-Funk would be a good person to ask about this.

Back