• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fruit juice, false friend?

Dodge

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Alot of people, when cutting or losing weight, choose the healthy options when it comes to drinks.
But sometimes, it seems, this is not the best option. 250 ml of pinapple juice contains over 500cal. Drink a litre and you are over a woman's daily recomended intake of calories, 2000.
Clearly the nutricionists and body experts here will be aware of this, but many will be blissfuly unaware that that tropicana vitamin c filled, seemingly healthy (and infact, in many ways, ofcourse obviously it is healthy) could be greatly interfering with their weightloss attempt, so I just thought id make a post about it here. For those wanting extra calorie gains, its useful information too, and not a false friend.

For those looking to lose the weight, id advise to replace juice with water or semiskimmed milk

mmmmmkkkkk

I don't touch juice- especially while cutting!

Water during the day, skim milk with a pre workout shake, and that's it in terms of liquid.

In other news, a keg a day keeps the doctor away.

So you mean I can't drink 4 liters of juicy juice a day during a cut?

juicy juice! I haven't had that stuff since I was a kid. Man, that was good stuff.

patrick

Pure fruit juice might as well be milkshake when cutting lol

Yeah, it is basically concentrated sugar (often HFCS). Fruit juice also lacks many of the basic values of real fruit. Built gave a nice explanation of it in another thread.

I wish that they would tell you these things. 'innocent smoothies' arent so innocent either for sugar/calories.

Actual fruit, such as the common apples, bananas, pears and oranges(inc tangerine,manderin etc), are they so full of calories too?

I did find welches purple grape juice is better, at only 63kg/250ml

IML Gear Cream!
A Large apple is not over 70 calories, not to mention all the vitamins and nutrients bananas and apples have.

Fruit juice is Not Rated- on my scale. I stay away from any type of juice (unless its OJ for when I am ill- knock on wood).

Cool good to know, and a banana, the sweetest of common fruit?

banana is up around 100 calories- won't make or brake a cutting diet- I just make sure to consume it when I really need it- at least once a day usually before a workout with a protein shake.

Get a juicer and make your own. Carrot Apple juice are one of my favorites!

Cool good to know, and a banana, the sweetest of common fruit?

Out of common fruits, I believe the date is the sweetest.

And fun fact: of all fruits, the serendipity berry is the sweetest. It has a protein called monellin that is wildly sweet.

The only type of juice I would ever consider touching comes out of a needle.

Back