• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

weight loss or strength loss?

riggo

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hello all,can anyone help me?I was just wondering if its possible to get stronger while still trying to lose my weight.I'm not tryin to get skinny by any means but i have about 20-25lbs i could lose but i really enjoy strength training but all I read it seems to say that to make any gains in strength u gotta keep eatin any thoughts on this would really help me,thanks.

You can make strength gains while cutting - I often do, myself.
I switch my training from higher to somewhat lower volume when I cut. Much of my work drops to the 5-rep range, with longer rest breaks.

Thanx Built for the quick response.I'm glad that i can still lose weight and still lift heavy w/o getting weaker.Would a 5x5 routine still be effective when I'm tryin to lose weight?

5x5 would be great. You might find you need to drop it to 4x5 and even 3x5 as your cut progresses. Do what you have to do to keep the iron on the bar.

How's your diet?

my diet is for a lack of better word..awful.. but thats were i've been improving lately so it might take time but i have been feeling a lot better since i cut out fast food.Thanx again

Getting the diet in order is key.

Understanding training is also key.

I have been increasing strength and improving my level of fitness over the past 10 weeks (12-week training cycle) while using intermittent fasting and dropping 8lbs and totally changing my body composition.

Strength all about neurological efficiency. Setting up a training program that reflects is important in helping you reach your goal. The fat loss comes from the diet, the strength comes from the training.

Patrick

Diet - Keep the meals smaller but more frequent. High protein/Low Carbs.

Training - Try to keep the reps between 8-12 (to failure) and cardio 4-6 times a week

Simple but effective.

Training - Try to keep the reps between 8-12 (to failure) and cardio 4-6 times a week

Simple but effective.

That would be a great way to lose strength.

Train the nervous system with lower reps to help develop strength capacity. > 6 reps is more for auxiliary movements.

patrick

So thats how you are looking great in that new video of yours....Keep It Up :thumb:

Getting the diet in order is key.

Understanding training is also key.

I have been increasing strength and improving my level of fitness over the past 10 weeks (12-week training cycle) while using intermittent fasting and dropping 8lbs and totally changing my body composition.

Strength all about neurological efficiency. Setting up a training program that reflects is important in helping you reach your goal. The fat loss comes from the diet, the strength comes from the training.

Patrick

Simple but effective.

Oh wow. No. Not at all effective for fat loss. AWESOME for muscle-loss though.

I'm with Patrick on this one:
That would be a great way to lose strength.

Train the nervous system with lower reps to help develop strength capacity. > 6 reps is more for auxiliary movements.

patrick

I'll add that you'll likely be a lot more comfortable on fewer, but larger meals while cutting. The high protein recommendation is a good one though.

IML Gear Cream!
Oh wow. No. Not at all effective for fat loss. AWESOME for muscle-loss though.

I'm with Patrick on this one:

I'll add that you'll likely be a lot more comfortable on fewer, but larger meals while cutting. The high protein recommendation is a good one though.

What do you recommend for meals? 3 larger ones?

Or one huge meal. Or fifteen micro snacks. It really doesn't matter as long as you're comfortable.

Back