• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

massage benefits for training?

Art

As Vein As The Next Guy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi Guys,
Can anyone outline any specific benefits of massage that aid bulk or strength training?

Any links would also be good....

Thanks, Art.

I don't know what sort of effects you are looking for. Massage probably wont directly make you stronger, and would have even less to do with helping you bulk up.

It is great if you have hypoxic/ischmeic tissue, trigger points, fibrotic tissue...basically any sort of soft tissue dysfuction that is hindering proper movement and mobility. It can work to clean up the soft tissue. For most people, it is very relaxing, which can help aid in recovery between training bouts and potentially even decrease some muscle soreness. In addition, one study looked at some positive effects that massage had on salivary immunoglubuilin A in athletes engaged in extensive cycling training - this may be helpful for keeping us healthy and preventing us from getting sick when training hard.

patrick

I could use a good massage right now.

Ever since surgery. I knot up like no tomorrow.

I could use a good massage right now.

Ever since surgery. I knot up like no tomorrow.

I'm sure! Scar tissue is a bitch.

Grab the redeye out to AZ and I'll work on you.

patrick

Haha. I wish... I already have to hit the road at 4am :(

I got a referall from my Doc so going to start some massage.

I try to work it with a lacrosse ball in a sock against a wall. But that only does so much. And foam rolling is doing nothing for me.

The last week and a bit has been a bitch, especially since the work outs have really started to pick back up.

that is nice that you got a referral for it. i'd take insurance if the insurance companies didn't make it such a pain in the butt to get paid and didn't reimburse you so poorly...what a shame.

yea, the foam rolling is not as precise as a practitioners hands.

patrick

Back