• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

can u lose weight by smoking marijuana?

IML Gear Cream!
weed's bad, but alcohol messes with the liver; weed-the brain. Which is worse, really?

Alcohol doesn't mess with the mental? Since when.

I'm not convinced.

Think it though, man. Why do you like smoking pot? Or taking any other drug, for that matter?

You take it because it causes your body to function outside the norm (i.e. malfunction). That's the very reason that you take it.

Think it though, man. Why do you like smoking pot? Or taking any other drug, for that matter?

Relieves anxiety.

saf45f06a5604f44.jpg

You take it because it causes your body to function outside the norm (i.e. malfunction). That's the very reason that you take it.

I smoke it for a number of reasons. One being God didn't make my brain function properly in the first place, and pot is the one substance that I found that keeps me grounded. Two, when I have a headache, or when I'm sick, or even hungover, pot makes the symptoms go away. Number three, when I'm bulking (like right now) I find it very hard to eat as much as I need to. I toke, and I'm ready to eat.

If I haven't smoked for an extended period, I'm very difficult to be around. I'm too hot or cold meaning I'm either extremely fun to be around, or the absolute worst to be around, there is no middle ground. I toke regularly and I'm very pleasant company. Not once in my life has pot affected me in a negative fashion like alcohol, cocaine, MDMA, even LSD has.

Am I saying go out and buy a bag? Hell no. Am I one of those people that curses "the man" for abolishing it and goes to rallies in support of marijuana? Hell no. But I do know how it has positively affected my life and I will continue to use it "medicinally" as long as I see fit. I will not however recommend the use of it to anyone else, because I am fairly certain I am a unique case.

i need to stop making such interesting topics they always get spammed. :paddle:

Meditating can make your body/mind fuction outside the norm....whats wrong with outside the "norm"

I smoke it for a number of reasons. One being God didn't make my brain function properly in the first place, and pot is the one substance that I found that keeps me grounded. Two, when I have a headache, or when I'm sick, or even hungover, pot makes the symptoms go away. Number three, when I'm bulking (like right now) I find it very hard to eat as much as I need to. I toke, and I'm ready to eat.

If I haven't smoked for an extended period, I'm very difficult to be around. I'm too hot or cold meaning I'm either extremely fun to be around, or the absolute worst to be around, there is no middle ground. I toke regularly and I'm very pleasant company. Not once in my life has pot affected me in a negative fashion like alcohol, cocaine, MDMA, even LSD has.

Am I saying go out and buy a bag? Hell no. Am I one of those people that curses "the man" for abolishing it and goes to rallies in support of marijuana? Hell no. But I do know how it has positively affected my life and I will continue to use it "medicinally" as long as I see fit. I will not however recommend the use of it to anyone else, because I am fairly certain I am a unique case.

:thumb: Smoke on brotha. The way I see it, anything in moderation can be beneficial in some way or another.

:thumb: Smoke on brotha. The way I see it, anything in moderation can be beneficial in some way or another.

And that's the thing I forgot to mention. I hardly smoke enough to get "stoned". A $50 of chronic lasts me a month. Like you said, moderation is the key. ;)

I think I'm done here with this board. How many times a week do I need to get hated on all because I'm trying to help out? What a bunch of hateful people that don't appreciate any of the help they are given here. I'm so done. Like having to deal with Foreman coming back to haunt me and post rude and hateful shit about me several times a week isn't enough, now I have to deal with people hating here. Thanks.

Besides, this is a Diet and Nutrition forum.......of course I'm going to find things against marijuana.

Last edited:
I think I'm done here with this board. How many times a week do I need to get hated on all because I'm trying to help out? What a bunch of hateful people that don't appreciate any of the help they are given here. I'm so done. Like having to deal with Foreman coming back to haunt me and post rude and hateful shit about me several times a week isn't enough, now I have to deal with people hating here. Thanks.

Besides, this is a Diet and Nutrition forum.......of course I'm going to find things against marijuana.

Jodi jodi jodi, we love you around here and you and Ian molded me into this walking health machine. But sometimes you are a bit strict. Nothing wrong with that, but you also need to realize not everyone lives the sober, ultra healthy, all natural lifestyle that you do. You better not leave though.

IML Gear Cream!
You get hated on multiple times a week?

This forum is full of people different people. We are all not going to agree on things.
I just think that you might expect people to agree with you on certain things.
It's not that serious...I'm sorry for calling you rude.

Jodi jodi jodi, we love you around here and you and Ian molded me into this walking health machine. But sometimes you are a bit strict. Nothing wrong with that, but you also need to realize not everyone lives the sober, ultra healthy, all natural lifestyle that you do. You better not leave though.

There is a reason for being strict. As a moderator people come to us for opinions. When they fail to reach there goals, they come bitching to us. If you give slack in someones diet where does it end? Then they wonder why.

It is better of for us to provide an opinion to the extreme right, and see people achieve there goals. then to be a little left, and have people questioning our decisions.

There is a reason for being strict. As a moderator people come to us for opinions. When they fail to reach there goals, they come bitching to us. If you give slack in someones diet where does it end? Then they wonder why.

It is better of for us to provide an opinion to the extreme right, and see people achieve there goals. then to be a little left, and have people questioning our decisions.

And that's why I almost never talk shit about you guys. There's these people coming in here with absolutely no knowledge and TERRIBLE diets/training progs and once they get on a good path, if you give them some slack they turn it into a McDonalds clusterfuck. In other words, I am agreeing with you. Is it the end of mankind? :)

And that's why I almost never talk shit about you guys. There's these people coming in here with absolutely no knowledge and TERRIBLE diets/training progs and once they get on a good path, if you give them some slack they turn it into a McDonalds clusterfuck. In other words, I am agreeing with you. Is it the end of mankind? :)

Abcs Abcs Abcs, we all love u around here. (but) there is no butt i just wanted to type this because it made me giggle. :)

Abcs Abcs Abcs, we all love u around here. (but) there is no butt i just wanted to type this because it made me giggle. :)

Hahaha. I speak the trufus though.

This shit is getting old!

And lets not forget it can lower testosterone.

If this is true, it is so small that it is negligible. I was smoking pot everyday while at the same time looking the best I have in my entire life. I also work out harder and do better in school when I smoke pot regularly. :shrug:

they should make this thread a sticky haha i love this thread

IML Gear Cream!
^Say no to drugs kids.

JS9s1.jpg

:D lol

Smoking weed isnt good for you, but at the same time when done in moderation I dont think it will do you much harm. Same with alcohol and just about anything else really, moderation is the key. Weed can have its uses and there is a time and place for it.

i know alot of people who are huge, and smoke weed. They are cut up and all that.

smoking weed is a better recreational drug if you are working out then any other kind. Beer will make you fat and give you a gut. smoking weed WILL NOT give you a gut. Smoking weed actually relaxes the body.

arnold smoked a joint on camera after he won a bodybulding contest. arrrrnold, yes, the terminator.

anywho I found this online

What does marijuana do? It rushes endorphans, similar to the way that food, sex, or running over an extended period of time does. If you have ever heard of runners high, it is an unusually high amount of endorphans that your brain is recieving at one time, which causes both a slight disorientation as well as a runners "second breath." A second breath is when a runner with an ample supply of endorphans at a given time get a rush of energy. This can be seen in runners who get a boost at the end of a race, as compared to say the middle of their race where they were tired and physically drained. So, when you smoke marijuana before you go lift you have dramatically increased the endorphans bieng recieved which gives you both an energy boost as well as a strength boost. It also increases your heart rate for a better aerobic lifting workout, as well as increasing you metabolism and therefore helping shed of unwanted fat.

i know alot of people who are huge, and smoke weed. They are cut up and all that.

smoking weed is a better recreational drug if you are working out then any other kind. Beer will make you fat and give you a gut. smoking weed WILL NOT give you a gut. Smoking weed actually relaxes the body.

arnold smoked a joint on camera after he won a bodybulding contest. arrrrnold, yes, the terminator.

What does marijuana do? It rushes endorphans, similar to the way that food, sex, or running over an extended period of time does. If you have ever heard of runners high, it is an unusually high amount of endorphans that your brain is recieving at one time, which causes both a slight disorientation as well as a runners "second breath." A second breath is when a runner with an ample supply of endorphans at a given time get a rush of energy. This can be seen in runners who get a boost at the end of a race, as compared to say the middle of their race where they were tired and physically drained. So, when you smoke marijuana before you go lift you have dramatically increased the endorphans bieng recieved which gives you both an energy boost as well as a strength boost. It also increases your heart rate for a better aerobic lifting workout, as well as increasing you metabolism and therefore helping shed of unwanted fat.

Thar running second wind feeling is magic. I love it. I smoked weed for years, doing all sorts of super potent varieties, and cannot say I've ever had an endorphin rush to equal that. Perhaps when you first start smoking, but never since. And as for energy, it depletes rather than raises, but i've never tried to lift on it.

Relieves anxiety.

saf45f06a5604f44.jpg

Not with me. I will have anxiety attacks if I smoke it. If anyone has ever had an anxiety attack (panic attack), you know you never want to feel it again.

I never liked weed even before I noticed the anxiety it provoked in me. Not that I care about what it does to the body, I do care about how people act. Especially women. I just dont like the laid back attitude. Its weird, I know, but its like kryptonite to me. Picture how annoying drunks are sometimes (or all the time) when youre sober, bam! its the same feeling I get.

Lately, in light of being hung over too much and having less money in my pocket, Ive been trying to stop using alcohol as a crutch for having a good time. Like others have said in another thread, "its just not worth it." Theres gotta be a way to have fun at night without foreign substances to boost my fun factor.

I must say though that alcohol is a social drug. Having a couple of beers with a friend or a date, fills in the time, provides sober conversation, until you get buzzed. I cant see that happening with a 'pot bar.' I picture a bunch of people laying around talking about how to cure cancer after one joint. Cost effective, but I dont know, I just find it..boring. And for me, personally, I cant stand the way women act, talk, or look when high.

However...

Drunk girl < High girl
Buzzed girl > High girl

I must say though that alcohol is a social drug. Having a couple of beers with a friend or a date, fills in the time, provides sober conversation, until you get buzzed. I cant see that happening with a 'pot bar.' I picture a bunch of people laying around talking about how to cure cancer after one joint. Cost effective, but I dont know, I just find it..boring. And for me, personally, I cant stand the way women act, talk, or look when high.

However...

Drunk girl < High girl
Buzzed girl > High girl

Yeah, good point. I think Marijuana can be a good social drug if you know the person or persons well.
I hear you about the average girl being less "atractive" when high.

Oh! I swear, its like hearing nails on a chalk board, I am that annoyed. I am instantly disgusted, enraged, and I have a total loss of self-image in the way I might just present myself.

BUT!

Same thing happens when a girl is too drunk.

MJ is terrible, I hope you suffer from it.

got a bridge you wanna sell anyone?

You actually make a good point; truth of the matter is the media fucks with your head moreso with steroids and/or pot use. The media twists and transmogrifies these two subjects in a heartbeat of thirty seconds. There is such a thing as brainwashing being brought into play here. I dont disagree with panic attacks or changes in personality-it all depends on the individual. I wont touch the stuff as I did once and went into a panic attack and wound up having s violent seizure; not because I was fucked up but because panicking is one of my triggers for a seizure. (I'm epileptic). So I stay away from it.

If this is true, it is so small that it is negligible. I was smoking pot everyday while at the same time looking the best I have in my entire life. I also work out harder and do better in school when I smoke pot regularly. :shrug:

It's very negligible. I think most people get testosterone and sperm production mixed up. It definitely lowers your sperm count, test, not so much.

Back