• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pull/Cardio/Push/Cardio/off/Legs/off

IML Gear Cream!
Far out YM, very detailed journal ;)
Hows the abs?? Sounds painfull, you use them almost all the time so i can only imagine how that would be... and then coughing on top to boot....
Do you only do tempo for dips with chest?? Not on tris??
4 count is long....... my longest is 3 :lol:

Originally posted by Rissole
Far out YM, very detailed journal ;)
Hows the abs?? Sounds painfull, you use them almost all the time so i can only imagine how that would be... and then coughing on top to boot....
Do you only do tempo for dips with chest?? Not on tris??
4 count is long....... my longest is 3 :lol:

I usually do "TEMPO" on Back, Bis, Triceps, and some Legs. I do very slow Lying Tricep Extentions. I haven't seen anyone do them at the gym besides me. I put a bar about 3 feet off the ground in a Squat rack, place my hands about 6" apart, put my feet about 5 feet back and slowly lower my body into the rack. My head just clears the bar as I lower myself below the bar - hold for a second - then "using my triceps" push up. It's kinda like the cable machine where you do overhead rope extentions. I have a hard time doing "tempo" for any benching exercises since I don't have a spotter. The 4 count is KILLER!! :thumb:

The abs are feeling much better. I think the rest and PT are helping.

I think you should share your diet/training with me - Brother your abs are looking impressive!!!!

3/8/04

Weight 185.5

Shoulders/Traps
(All TEMPO was 2 positive/1 second hold/ 2 negative)

Seated Hammer Press
180 x 10
180 x 8
180 x 6

Upright Row
115 x 15
115 x 13
115 x 8

Front Raises
30 x 10
30 x 10

Side Raise
30 x 10
30 x 10

Shrugs
315 x 12
315 x 10
315 x 9

Not sure what to call 'em (lying face down on a incline bench doing a reverse fly - really hits my traps)
15 x 12
15 x 12
15 x 12

Standing Barbell Press
95 x 10
95 x 9
95 x 7

ABS
Trunk pull downs
150 x 15
150 x 12
150 x 10

CARDIO
20 minutes on 10% incline at 3.5
Shot baskets for about 15 minutes

3/9/04

weight 184.5

Today was PT day.

Exercises:
Toes to the ceiling
walk outs on the swiss ball
reverse crunch on the swiss ball
twists on the bosu ball
hanging knee raises
one leg raises on the swiss ball
squats on the bosu ball

stretching and ice.

Lookin good. Almost done with the PT? How the abs feelin?

Originally posted by Monolith
Lookin good. Almost done with the PT? How the abs feelin?

I have 5 more sessions of PT. My abs are feeling stronger everyday. Unfortunately my PT told me yesterday that sometimes it can take up to 1 YEAR to heal (WTF!!) I am not very excited about hearing that. He and my doctor are very knowledgable so I trust what they have to say. It's been almost 6 months already since I originally injured myself.

I'm going to try to play a little 3 on 3 half court basketball before my workout today to see how I feel.

Originally posted by yellowmoomba
I have 5 more sessions of PT. My abs are feeling stronger everyday. Unfortunately my PT told me yesterday that sometimes it can take up to 1 YEAR to heal (WTF!!) I am not very excited about hearing that. He and my doctor are very knowledgable so I trust what they have to say. It's been almost 6 months already since I originally injured myself.

I'm going to try to play a little 3 on 3 half court basketball before my workout today to see how I feel.

A year? Well, thats not too bad actually. Theyre probably being really generous with that estimate anyway... better off making you take it easy too long than risk injuring it again.

How did you freakin tear an ab muscle? Must of hurt like a son of a bitch. 1 year doesn't really suprise me, thought it would be longer. Would have been better off breaking a bone, somewhere.

Still nice lifts for battling this injury. :thumb:

great to hear that the abs are feeling better. How did the 3 on 3 workout for you?

A year? Well, thats not too bad actually. Theyre probably being really generous with that estimate anyway... better off making you take it easy too long than risk injuring it again.

Easier said than done!! :hehe: I thought two months was a long time!!!

Originally posted by IainDaniel
How did you freakin tear an ab muscle? Must of hurt like a son of a bitch. 1 year doesn't really suprise me, thought it would be longer. Would have been better off breaking a bone, somewhere.

Still nice lifts for battling this injury. :thumb:

Thanks! I screwed my abs up playing football. It didn't really hurt. It just felt like a groin pull. I play in a mens full contact flag football league. It's fun :D I tore my achilles tendon in half three years ago and was back to running in 4 1/2 months........I would have gladly broke 2 bones and healed both by now. Oh well - as long as I get better soon.

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by naturaltan
great to hear that the abs are feeling better. How did the 3 on 3 workout for you?

I'm leaving here in about an hour to go to the gym....I'll fill you in tomorrow.
:thumb:

cool ... have fun!

3/10/04

weight 184.5

Back/Bis

Warmup shooting jump shots (NO PAIN) :D I shot for about 15 minutes. I wanted to play 3 on 3 but it was too busy. They were running 5 on 5 on the the other court but I don't think I'm ready for that. Lately a few Detroit Lions started to show up to play ball. Dre Bly and Scottie Anderson were there today. I was surprised on how small they were. I didn't feel like wasting my time watching them so I went up stairs to make some more muscle :thumb:

Pullups (Tempo 1/0/4)

Supinated Grip(Tempo 1/0/4)

one armed DB Row
130 x 12 Right arm | 9 left

Hammer Low Row
230 x 10
230 x 8

Chinups (Tempo 1/0/4)

BICEPS

Straight bar curls
80 x 6 (tempo 1 positive/1 pause/3 negative)

Incline Bench DB Curl
35 x 8 (tempo 1 positive/1 pause/3 negative)
35 x 6 (tempo 1 positive/1 pause/3 negative)

Reverse Curl EZ bar
75 x 6
75 x 6

No abs today since I did them yesterday in PT and will be doing them tomorrow in PT.

CARDIO
10 minutes on 3.5 rate at 10% incline
6 minutes on 3.8 rate on 15% incline
4 minutes on 5.5 rate (jogging) on 0% incline (NO PAIN) :D

Hey YM! :wave: Im glad to see that your pain free as of lately!! :thumb: you must feel much better!
workouts are looking awesome! alot of hard work going into them!
and 130 for 1arm db rows?? :hair: NICE!!!!!!!

Hey btw, I posted in your pics in the gallery a while ago... the team pic. which one are you? :)

Originally posted by yellowmoomba
one armed DB Row

Nice, youre almost caught up with the left.

Originally posted by atherjen
Hey btw, I posted in your pics in the gallery a while ago... the team pic. which one are you? :)

:doh:
I never checked :D I'll post under the pic :D

I do feel MUCH better
:p

3/11/04

Weight 183.5

*I've dropped about 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks. I'm trying to stay around 180-185. Reducing my waist is most important. I measured in at 33 1/2 today down from 34 1/2 when I started this journal. I have been having two or three cheat meals for the week and very limited drinking (except for one night :D I think eating clean has done the most good for me !!

I'm off to PT.

YM

:thumb: Good stuff

How does the Diet look? What do you typically eat?

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by IainDaniel
:thumb: Good stuff

How does the Diet look? What do you typically eat?

Here is my Monday - Friday Diet

6:30am
Coffee on my 1 hour drive to work
Multivitamin

7:30
Oatmeal with Blueberries
6 egg whites
60 oz water

11:00
1 cup of raw broccoli
5 oz of turkey
some carrots, cucumbers, and some other veggies
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 teaspoon of low fat italian dressing
Bowl of soup either chicken noodle, chicken gumbo, vegetable beef
20 oz water

1:00
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup strawberries

2:00
Green Tea

3:00
Balance Bar

workout from 4:30 - 6

6:00
50 g protein shake mixed with ice, water and a banana

7:00
8 oz Chicken
Salad with vinager or low fat dressing

9:00
25 g protein shake with water

Sat-Sunday

8:00
Coffee

9:00
8 egg white/ 1 yolk
1 piece of wheat toast

10-12 workout

12:00
50 g protein shake w/ banana

1:00
Turkey sandwich
skim milk
pickles

3:00
snack - balance bar or almonds or cottage cheese (something with some protein) maybe even a PB and J sandwich

6:00
Whatever I want :D usually steak or chicken, wheat noodles, and a veggie

After 6PM - depends on what I'm doing usually a few beers or glasses of wine

Sunday
My diet is similiar to Saturday except I do not workout on Sunday and usually do not have alcohol.

My goal is 50% protein, 25 carb and 25% fat.

All comments welcome :) ???

Looks good bro, 1 thing might be to add a carb post w/o i like a mass gainer shake, its easy...
or white rice with plain protien something that acts fast :)

Looks good bro, 1 thing might be to add a carb post w/o i like a mass gainer shake, its easy...
or white rice with plain protien something that acts fast :)

Thanks for the tip!! If it makes my abs look like yours then I'm going do it!!

(if you have seen Starzky and Hutch yet)
Do it!! Do it!! hahaha

Not yet... will do :hehe:

Its just good for recovery..... i have very little to no carbs from meal3 on except after trainin, you look pretty lean from the back so all you may need to do is work em up a bit.

Not yet... will do :hehe:

Its just good for recovery..... i have very little to no carbs from meal3 on except after trainin, you look pretty lean from the back so all you may need to do is work em up a bit.

When you see it you will laugh alot!!! :hehe:

Yeah - I'm workin' 'em good in PT. My PT'st finally gave me the green light tonight to play ball to "test" my abs. Hopefully I can find a game tomorrow.

See ya Riss!!

Here a few pics of the abs per Rissole's request (maybe he'll give me his secret receipe)

:O

3/12/04

Played 4 games of 5 on 5 full court basketball :D

Legs

Squats
135 x 10
225 x 10
275 x 5
315 x 5 (1/2 way)
315 x 3 (full squats)
225 x 12
225 x 12

SLDL
225 x 9
225 x 8
225 x 7

Extentions
250 x 12
250 x 8
250 x 8

Seated Calves
90 x 20
90 x 20
90 x 20

Hack squat (REAL SLOW)
180 x 10
180 x 10
180 x 10

Damn... thats an intense leg day. Those extensions are awesome after 7 sets of squats.

Nice job moomba, and damn impressive lifts bro!

Good split too, could use a workout partner like you over here in cali!

Back