• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Journey to the XPC Arnold Bench Qualifier

Just to get this out of the way.

This thread is not to "form critique" or "physique critique"

I compete, I compete in PL and have made significant improvements over time. The purpose of this thread is to follow me on that journey and to see how I made those improvements.

We care about the following three lifts executed in competition:
Squat
Bench
Deadlift

In that order.

I do not care about whether in my training the weight was too heavy, too light, not "proper form" or whatever else people can find it in their imagination to critique being that they saw a youtube video of someone else doing xyz exercise.

I train in a PL gym with people who all have professional totals and have competed on stage at big shows (Arnold Classic) and others. They all know what they are doing, and have guided me well. I do not need the "form discussion"

I am here to share my journey, and how I got to where I am. If you do not like the journey, follow another thread.

That being said, I am not "blowing" up or being "arrogant," I just am not here to discuss form or technique with someone who I have nothing but a negative history with.
If you are significantly knowledgeable in PL and can contribute something of substance to one of my training videos then of course I would listen, and either take it under advisement or leave it. Again, I primarily do what my coaches tell me to do with just a little bit of leeway for my own experimentation.

What I do works, my training is on point. Every competition and most my videos show significant improvements in my lifts... which is what I am here for.

so you dont want anyone posting in your threadsw unless they blow smoke up your ass and tell you you are awesome...well you,...very strong...science says full rom is better for strength and size...i dk...

KOS lol you Crack me up
And if full ROM is the hail merry why do so many PL guys do pin presses and board presses ?

its just a topic for discussion...many diff ways to skin a cat
didnt you beg for people to post in your threads in the mod section...holy shit

its just a topic for discussion...many diff ways to skin a cat
didnt you beg for people to post in your threads in the mod section...holy shit
No
I asked for mods to show a little more activity in the strength sports section... this is not that section.

Yes there are many ways to skin a cat....

and i have been the only one to pop in here....or the training journal section

All good brother,
just so we can "skin" the cat in different ways here is Professional power lifter Mark Smelly Bell doing suspended goodmornings PL style.
Note his legs bent just like mine and he is rocking the bar forward just as I do.

Since we are all here to learn figured I would throw a professional's video out there on the suspended goodmornings

compared to my own-- granted he is "sumo" stance I am "conventional" but I think this illustrates the point of the exercise for PL

http://youtu.be/w30K_HhjI84

like the last one best

dear god

A lot of weight, very awkward to lift.
Really helps you with that squat too, especially if you lose stability or pitch forward (get out of position) during the squat. Gives you that strength and power to follow through.

just started doing some dorian deads....my erectors take forever to heal....glutes weak from years of not squatting...slow process

just started doing some dorian deads....my erectors take forever to heal....glutes weak from years of not squatting...slow process

I am in the same boat. Years in the past and throughout college being "upper body only" now its taking significant amounts of time and work to get the lower half to catch up, and am running into all sorts of problems using the wrong muscles (e.g. pulling with my back instead of my glutes.)

i had the power potential for powerlifting

but not the connective tissue

torn mcl...blown out shoulder now

i commented on one of your skull crusher vids...tore part of my tricep doing similar weight :(

i had the power potential for powerlifting

but not the connective tissue

torn mcl...blown out shoulder now

i commented on one of your skull crusher vids...tore part of my tricep doing similar weight :(
the hard part is preventing injury, doing some work based on percentages helps but always the potential for damage.
Hell we had a guy whose pec has been bothering him try to bench with me today and he got under that 300 lbs of band tension and nope... save it for another week
Gotta be careful

better sub my page back

mostly tonya anyway
Will do.
And btw the single best accessory exercise for you two with that glute development would be some glute ham raises
Look into them, absolutely brutal and if you can do 10 of them then your probably doing them wrong (most people have a natural tendency to raise with the back not the glutes) but Jesus you wouldn't believe the results from those alone

how funny is it to have a weak ass
I had a guy today ask me how I got my erectors so big.. I was like dude by doing all my workouts wrong and not knowing how to use my glutes lol

Now I am learning to make that big ass muscle fire

I had a guy today ask me how I got my erectors so big.. I was like dude by doing all my workouts wrong and not knowing how to use my glutes lol

Now I am learning to make that big ass muscle fire

:winkfinger:

01146a6cef3672ef059979a96c0cdbf8.jpg

What a great day... Now Monday-Friday will be a DELOAD week before I start my pre-competition routine. I have been chasing a 500lbs squat for a while (I know light weight, but I started with really weak legs)

So here is 515lbs... not only got my 500lbs goal for the first time, but I beat it by 15lbs (incase people are wondering the squat bar is a 65lbs bar)

After Squats I worked on my glute weaknesses
100 reps of glute bridges
100 reps of Glute Ham Raise
100 reps of Leg Curls
100 reps of banded Glute Thrusts (similar to missionary position during sex).

I am very impressed with your bench not too many out there with a raw bench like yours. Any tips on how to prepare your joints for all the weight?

Back